Shared Interest Groups (SIGS)
SHARED INTEREST GROUPS (SIGs)
A Shared Interest Group (SIG) brings together members who focus on a certain area of interest and enjoy social interaction. You must be an OLLI Gold Member to participate in a SIG. Each SIG is led by a group member known as the Facilitator. Joining a SIG is a great way to make new friends and socialize with people who have interests similar to your own. Once you have a Gold Membership, there is no fee to join a SIG.
HOW DO I JOIN A SIG?
- Be a Gold Member – olliatringlingcollege.org/join
- Email the SIG facilitator to get the schedule and other specifics.
- Attend meetings scheduled by the Facilitator.
HOW DO I START A SIG?
- Be an OLLI Gold Member – olliatringlingcollege.org/join
- Download a SIG Proposal form from our website, or call the office at 941-309-5111, or email email@example.com to request a SIG Proposal form.
- Return completed form to the OLLI office.
- For SIG ideas or information, contact Rhonda Stapleton
at 941-309-5116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Current Events / World Affairs
Facilitator: Jay Rixse, email@example.com
Meets 3-4:30 pm • First & Third Tuesdays of the month at Temple Beth Sholom.
Mad About Crafts (MACS)
Facilitator: Beth Grindal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meets 3 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at Temple Beth Sholom.
Craft lovers, your time has come. This SIG welcomes do-it-yourselfers with interests in jewelry making, sewing, quilting, knitting, scrapbooking, card making and more. Come share your skills and learn some new things too.
Facilitator: Ellie Davidson, email@example.com
Meets 3-5:15 p.m. every Tuesday. Contact the Facilitator for location details.
Craks! Bams! Dots! Join us once a month for a friendly game of Mah Jongg. All levels of experience are welcome, especially beginners. You will need a current Mah Jongg card. Contact the facilitator for time and location.
Thrift Shopping Group
An opportunity to meet new friends as we shop. Over lunch, we’ll share our discoveries.