Events & Lectures
- This event has passed.
Reinvention Convention Year 2: Intergenerational Harmony
November 9 @ 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
The Reinvention Convention: A provocative series of discussions around aging.
Co-presented by four well-known community organizations.
Most people are aware that Sarasota County occupies a unique place among communities in the United States and around the world in that a large number of part and full-time residents are over the age of 65. Because of that, the county finds itself at the epicenter of a broad range of compelling age-related issues – all meaningful – that require care, attention and focus.
The Reinvention Convention is a provocative series of discussions around aging, designed to encourage thought leadership, change minds, and instigate action by providing a platform for discourse on compelling age-related issues.
Keynote speaker Chuck Underwood is the founder and principal of The Generational Imperative. He’s consulted with a range of corporations, governments and non-profits on ways to identify and encourage generational cooperation. His talk, ‘One America, Five Generations’ will focus on generational differences and opportunities for cross-generational interaction.
Well-known community partners
The Friendship Centers, The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Ringling College, Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Sarasota County and Age Friendly Sarasota represent a core consortium that have joined together to co-produce a 6-year series of conferences to discuss high-interest subjects. Each organization cares deeply about the issues impacting older adults and the community at large. Going forward, the consortium holds open the possibility of other community partners joining the team.
Agenda – Reinvention Convention 2018: Intergenerational Harmony
Friday, November 9, 2018, Art Ovation 1255 N Palm Ave Sarasota
- 8:30 – 9:00 – Breakfast, Meet & Greet – 30 minutes (include Intergen choir)
- 9:00 – 11:00 – Chuck Underwood + Q&A – 120 minutes
- 11:00 – 12:30 – First Panel of 4 + Q&A* – 90 minutes
- 12:30 – 1:15 – Lunch Break + Disruptor Award Video – 45 minutes
- 1:15 – 2:30 – Second Panel of 3 + Q&A* – 75 minutes
- 2:30 – 2:45 – Closing remarks & Call to Action: Chuck Underwood – 15 minutes
- 2:45 – 3:00 – Audience self-select participation on future topical meetings – 15 minutes.
*There will be two Panel segments. Each Panelist will have 15 minutes for presentations and approx.. 10 min Q&A
PANEL MODERATOR: Kelley Lavin – Group Publisher, SagasCityMedia, Inc.PANELISTS –
- Employment/Workforce: Lisa Krouse – Exec VP and Chief HR Officer at FCCI
- Economy: Mark Huey – President & CEO, Sarasota County Economic Development Corporation
- Education: Rachel Levey-Baker – Director of Student Volunteerism and Service-Learning, Ringling College of Art and Design
- Innovation: Gen2Gen Program, Bevan Gray-Rogel – Founder, Encore Tampa Bay
- – Mattering: Nancy Schlossberg, EdD – Author, Professor Emerita University of Maryland, Co-President Transitionworks
- – Family Relationships: Pat Ryan – CEO, The SKY Family YMCA
- – Social Resources: Marlo Turner, CFRE – Senior VP Donor Engagement, Community Foundation of Sarasota County