Instructor Classification, Honorariums, and Benefits
Instructors are classified as independent contractors and are paid an honorarium for teaching. All instructors must complete a W-9 tax form and sign a contract before the term begins. Anyone earning $600 or more in any calendar year will be issued a 1099 form.
- Honorariums are $25 per class session. For example, the fee for a 4-session course is $100.
- The honorarium for a one-time, half-day workshop (minimum of 3 hours) is $100.
- Some instructors choose to donate their honorariums back to OLLI. This is a voluntary decision that does not negate the requirement for contracts and payments.
- Anyone choosing to donate their honorarium must receive payment, then donate their chosen amount to OLLI by check or credit card.
- OLLI instructors receive a 10% discount at the Bistro on the Ringling College Museum Campus.