Become a Member
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
Membership is open to every individual who cares about furthering the goal of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Ringling College to provide active, engaged adults with a rich learning experience.
MUST I BE A MEMBER TO TAKE CLASSES?
Absolutely not. Membership is entirely voluntary. People wishing to take classes may continue to do so simply by registering.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
As a member, you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including the following:
- Early registration privileges for all Institute courses.
- After registering for one course, a 10 percent tuition discount on all additional courses during that Institute term.
- All educational services, including Einstein’s Circle, are 10 percent off for members.
- FREE admission to all lectures, registration will be required to ensure seating (N/A for fundraising specific events.)
- Eligible for participation in (Shared Interest Groups) (SIGs) designed to create a sense of community among people with similar interests to meet regularly at a time and place of their convenience.
- Invitation to the Institute’s Annual Appreciation Party.
WHY IS MEMBERSHIP IMPORTANT?
Most importantly, membership will provide you the opportunity to meet similarly minded people outside the classroom who share your interests. Membership dues will also help us to ensure the continued success of our current programs and allows us to initiate new and exciting programs in the future.
HOW MUCH IS MEMBERSHIP?
Annual membership is only $85, a small sum for a richly rewarding experience!
To learn more about the Institute, call us at (941) 309-5111. We would be happy to hear from you!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to be a member to take a class? No
- How long does membership last? One year from date which you signed up. You can renew your membership yearly.
- Must I be a member to be in a Shared Interest Group? Yes
- How much is membership? $85 annually
- Is membership individual? Yes
- Can I sign up for membership by submitting a written application? Yes. An application is on the last page of the Membership brochure. This must be filled out completely. You may pay by cash, check or credit card. Your payment and information will be handled securely and will be entered into the computer by Institute staff.
- How can I sign up on line? This method is strongly preferred and should not be difficult.