Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Course Proposal
Thank you for your interest in teaching a course at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Ringling College (OLLI). Your proposal will be submitted to the Curriculum Committee for consideration. The Curriculum Committee is comprised of OLLI staff and volunteers, who are each responsible for various topic areas. The criteria for selection of courses includes: anticipated student interest, balance with other course offerings, Instructor qualifications, and a fit within the constraints of scheduling, space and finances. First-time Instructors will be contacted by a member of the Curriculum Committee to schedule an interview. The benefits of being an OLLI Instructor are:
- A stipend of $25 per session ($200 for an eight-week class; $150 for a six-week class, etc.);
- Free courses for you (and your significant other) for one year, starting in the quarter in which you’re teaching, on a space-available basis;
- Free copying of handout materials as needed for your classes;
- And, the satisfaction of sharing your knowledge with eager adult learners!
OLLI’s 2019-2020 academic schedule consists of three terms:
Fall 2019: September 30 – November 22, 2019
Winter 2020: January 13 – March 6, 2020
Spring 2020: March 9 – May 1, 2020
2020-2021 academic schedule:
Summer 2020: June 1 – July 24, 2020
Fall 2020: September 27 – November 20, 2020
Winter/Spring 2021: Jamuary 11 – April 30, 2021
Summer 2021: June 7 – July 30, 2021
Proposal deadlines are as follows:
Fall 2020 – February 10, 2020
Winter/Spring 2021 – May 3, 2020
Summer 2021 – November 9, 2020
IMPORTANT: If you intend to teach more than one course, either in the same term or in different terms, please submit a separate proposal for each course.
* Winter/Spring 2021 course proposal deadlines are the same. One catalog will be printed.
Receipt of proposals will be confirmed by email.