Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Course Proposal
Thank you for your interest in teaching a course at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Ringling College (OLLI). Your proposal will be submitted to the Curriculum Committee for consideration. The Curriculum Committee is comprised of OLLI staff and volunteers, who are each responsible for various topic areas. The criteria for selection of courses includes: anticipated student interest, balance with other course offerings, Instructor qualifications, and a fit within the constraints of scheduling, space and finances. First-time Instructors will be contacted by a member of the Curriculum Committee to schedule an interview. The benefits of being an OLLI Instructor are:
- A stipend of $25 per session ($200 for an eight-week class; $150 for a six-week class, etc.);
- Free courses for you (and your significant other) for one year, starting in the quarter in which you’re teaching, on a space-available basis;
- Free copying of handout materials as needed for your classes;
- And, the satisfaction of sharing your knowledge with eager adult learners!
OLLI’s 2019-2020 academic schedule consists of three terms:
Fall (September 30 – November 22, 2019)
*Winter/Spring (January 13 – May 1, 2020)
Summer (June 1 – July 24, 2020).
Proposal deadlines are as follows:
Fall 2019 – April 13, 2019
Winter/Spring 2020 – June 15, 2019
Summer 2020 – November 2, 2019
IMPORTANT: If you intend to teach more than one course, either in the same term or in different terms, please submit a separate proposal for each course.
* Winter/Spring 2020 course proposal deadlines are the same. One catalog will be printed.
Receipt of proposals will be confirmed by email.