Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Course Proposal
Thank you for your interest in teaching a course at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Ringling College (OLLI). Your proposal will be submitted to the Curriculum Committee for consideration, and first-time Instructors will be contacted to schedule an interview. The criteria for selection of courses include anticipated student interest in the topic, balance with similar course offerings, Instructor qualifications, and possible scheduling and classroom space constraints.
In addition to the pure joy and satisfaction of sharing your knowledge with eager adult learners, there are additional benefits of being an OLLI Instructor. They include a stipend of $25 per session (e.g., $200 for teaching an eight-week course), free courses for you and your significant other on a space-available basis for one year beginning in the term in which you’re teaching, and free copying of any handout material as needed for your classes.
Term Dates and Course Proposals Due Dates
2021 Academic Schedule
- Winter: Jan. 11 – March 5, 2021
- Spring: March 8 – April 30, 2021
- Summer: May 10 – July 2, 2021
2021-2022 Academic Schedule
- Fall: Sept. 27 – Nov. 19, 2021
- Winter: Jan. 10 – Mar. 4, 2022
- Spring: March 14 – May 6, 2022
- Summer: May 9 – July 1, 2022
Course Proposals Due Dates
- Fall term: June 1, 2021
- Winter term: Sept. 1, 2021
- Spring & Summer terms: Dec. 1, 2021 (Note: Spring and Summer will be a combined catalog.)
IMPORTANT: If you intend to teach more than one course, either in the same term or in different terms, please submit a separate proposal for each course.
Receipt of proposals will be confirmed by email.