Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Course Proposal
Thank you for your interest in teaching a course at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Ringling College (OLLI). Your proposal will be submitted to the Curriculum Committee for consideration. The Curriculum Committee is comprised of OLLI staff and volunteers, who are each responsible for various topic areas. The criteria for selection of courses includes: anticipated student interest, balance with other course offerings, Instructor qualifications, and a fit within the constraints of scheduling, space and finances. First-time Instructors will be contacted by a member of the Curriculum Committee to schedule an interview. The benefits of being an OLLI Instructor are:
- A stipend of $25 per session ($200 for an eight-week class; $150 for a six-week class, etc.);
- Free courses for you (and your significant other) for one year, starting in the quarter in which you’re teaching, on a space-available basis;
- Free copying of handout materials as needed for your classes;
- And, the satisfaction of sharing your knowledge with eager adult learners!
- Proposal deadline: Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Classes: Monday, September 30, 2019 – Friday, November 22, 2019
- Proposal deadline: Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Classes: Monday, January 13, 2020 – Friday, March 6, 2020
- Proposal deadline: Saturday, September 7, 2019
- Classes: Monday, March 9, 2020 – Friday, May 1, 2020
- Proposal deadline: Saturday, September 7, 2019*
- Classes: Monday, June 1, 2020 – Friday, July 24, 2020
*The Spring and Summer course proposal deadlines are the same as we will print one catalog, covering both terms
Note: Fridays are primarily for Workshop sessions.
- Workshop sessions are 1/2 day, 9-12 a.m. or 1-4 p.m.
- Full Day is 9:30 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
Receipt of proposals will be confirmed by email.